Audit / Accounts Senior
A successful firm in Barnet, Hertfordshire is looking to recruit an Audit / Accounts Senior with excellent opportunities to progress further to a managerial role and then partnership.
The role will include audit, statutory accounts preparation , management accounts, as well as other general services. You should be able to manage the whole audit process and will have responsibility for an audit from planning stages through to finalisation, including the supervision of staff assigned to you.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent opportunities to progress your career further to a managerial role and then onto partnership
- Fantastic mix of clients across all sectors
Essential requirements as follows:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Minimum of 3 years of working in a practice
- Ability to prepare financial statements to a high quality under FRS 102
- Ability to lead, plan and complete audits - for businesses with turnovers up to £35m
- Car driver
- Preparation of consolidated group accounts
Desirable but not essential:
- Ability to use Iris Accounts Production and Mercia audit work programmes
- Ability to carry out SAR's (Solicitor Accounting Rules).
- Experience in the preparation of Charity accounts.
We are looking for someone who is confident and has excellent communication skills since you will have daily contact with the clients as well as reporting and liaising with the partners. You must possess strong business awareness and have the ability to work under your own initiative, as well as being an excellent team player.
To be considered for this role, please apply today by sending your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Audit / Accounts Trainee
At Cartwrights we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. If you have a good degree pass and at least 3 good A-level results (or equivalent) then you could be ready to start a career supported by professional training both with external bodies and on the job experience.
If you are looking for first class training in accountancy of owner managed businesses, partnerships and larger companies and meet all the criteria listed below we would like to hear from you.
Trainee accountants will typically carry out a variety of work for clients. This will include annual accounts preparation, audit work, corporation tax, VAT and management accounts. The main focus of the work during the training contract will be accountancy and audit.
We seek applications from those graduates with at least a 2:1 Degree, strong A Level results and with at least a B in GCSE Maths and English. Candidates must be enthusiastic about a career as a chartered accountant and keen to take responsibility.
The successful individual will have the opportunity to study towards the Association of Chartered Accounting (ACA) qualification to provide you with solid accounting and business skills.
- Strong A-level results.
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ACA qualification.
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Be well organised and have the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
To avoid disappointment, we would advise you to apply as early as possible.
To apply please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com